Thursday, March 27, 2008

Come to your senses

Today three of my five senses gave me my happy moments for the day. When I went into the Farmer store to get fertilizer, I could hear the peeping of 200 little yellow chicks. They were so fuzzy and cute with their beady little black eyes. There were also ducklings, goslings, and some little rabbits. The checker said I could take them out and hold them, but I decided to go back another day and do that.....maybe with some Grandkids. The other happy moment was when I was driving down the freeway and the smell of burning ditchbanks came through the cab of the Coma. What memories from the farm today! It's nice when I can be a Farm Girl in the big city, and enjoy the things that remind me of growing up. I love that our brains and hearts work together to keep memories in there for us to pull out once in awhile.

No comments: