After reading the fun blogs of my nieces and nephews, I've decided to start my own. I'm going to pretend I'm still young, so I feel like I fit in somehow. Mostly I want to share daily little things that happen, that make me think of the people I love (that would be you guys....... my relatives). The picture of the little girl is me! It was taken while most of you were Angels watching from Heaven while your parents got married. It is one of 4 pictures that were ever taken of me before my first grade pictures. Hopefully you guys are keeping your cameras busier than that!
The first thought I wanted to share is about ducks. Every Spring there are 2 ducks that come to spend the Summer on our street. They choose a different house to build their nest at each year. Duane and I like to feed them and talk to them. Last Fall I showed them the nice nest I had made for them with fresh straw in a good-sized plastic tub. I told them to please come and live in our yard next time. But they didn't choose us, even though we gave the dog to a nice family so the ducks wouldn't be scared, so I scattered the straw in the flowerbed. It felt just like scattering bales of straw onto the sheepshed floor as a kid. It even smelled nice! Too bad there were no miniature lambs to sit in the straw, eh? They could fertilize for me with their miniature "jelly beans." Maybe I'll just buy a bag of them at walmart........
We actually gave up the dog because she needed more exercise/play time than us two old guys could give her. Her new people momma liked that she (the dog) was chubby, and the people poppa liked that the dog would walk right up to him and sit at his feet. And WE like that we get to plant things in the back yard this year, and not worry about them being dug up to hide a bone.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
3 comments:
Your blog is very cute, like you, and I hope the ducks pick you next year! ;) A duck flew over my head here the other day and I wondered if it was one of your ducks. :)
Welcome to blogging! It's a lot of fun. Just beware of comments that say to "click here" and you don't know them, it is a virus, so click on the trash can below it (you need to be signed in) and make it go away.
I like your pictures.
I can't imagine only taking 4 pictures of Hazen!!! We sure get our share of his pictures!!
Post a Comment