Saturday, May 24, 2008

De-junking

This week we've been cleaning and tossing the things that are now determined to be 'clutter.' Sometimes I open a closet and marvel at all the stuff in there that we haven't used since we moved into this house. Why is it that we think we have to save everything? Duane cleaned out the garage today and it looks very nice. Then, while he was in the mood for tossing, he went downstairs and went through all our old VHS tapes. What a relief to get rid of most of those! Next comes the basement. When the house is clean, I feel so much better. Only one more week to be at home, then I head back to tutor students for 3 weeks at my school. I like my job. I like my house. I really like my husband and kids, and their kids.

Yesterday at a second-hand store, I found a brown and yellow metal picnic basket just like the one my parents used to have! I was so happy it was waiting there for me. When we were kids, Mom would pack it full of yummy things, and off to the family reunion we would go. I can hardly wait to use it for that very purpose! I really like my Sibs and their kids, and their kids. Families are what life is all about.

No comments: