Saturday, May 17, 2008

I have 2 little hands (still)

Silly computer! I just typed in the title and 'thought' I hit tab to go down into the box to write a message, and poof! It posted! Sorry about that. I COULD try and take it off, but then it leaves a message about a post being removed.....ya git what cha git. Today I am happy that my hands still work. Most of the day I've been working outside in the yard placing small rock slabs flat to the ground near the front water spigot, pulling all the grass that was growing up into my shrubs and around the trees and swingset legs, smashing slugs, and watering all the plants that were dry. The sunshine was so warm and wonderful. I followed the shade around the yard and worked where it was not so scorching. What is it about being sweaty and smelling moist dirt that makes me so happy? Perhaps it is the memories of working together as a family when I was a little/young/teenage girl out in the dirt, and in the grain, and when hauling hay. Farm life was such a great way to grow up. I love the things I learned there.

No comments: