Where you go for good hugs.
Where you go for really yummy food.
Where you go to trade memories with people you used to get to be with more often.
Where you go to thank people for helping you get through your childhood.
Where you go to say nice things to/about people.
Where you travel to, in a hot car, because you know your parents will appreciate you.
Where you go to sit and ponder your roots, and be thankful for who you belong to.
Where you go to take lots of pictures.
Family Reunions are Wonderful. It's best if everyone leaves their bad attitudes at home, and comes ready to enjoy all the good in the folks at the gathering. We had a good time this weekend at Duane's reunion. Now I'm excited for the next one. More hugs, more good food, and more picture-taking. Yay!
Can I just say that I am thankful for every one of you who have helped me through my earthly journey so far. Thank You for your friendship and your love and for carrying me through the rough spots. Thanks! I love You.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
1 comment:
Well said! I LOVE family bonding time with extended family! I remember visiting my Grandparents' brothers and sisters and really getting to know them. After seeing pictures of the reunion mentioned, I thought about the "reasons" I had had for not going and they came out sounding more like "excuses." How many times can I talk myself out of it before I miss someone forever? We come to earth to families and we are so much the better for sticking with them! :)
Post a Comment