Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Mouse Family

I have a yellow mouse.
His side leaks sticky goo.
My husband tried to fix him,
Buy nothing tried would do.

I decided I'd replace him.
Today would be the day.
I walked on o'er to wal-mart,
Frustration came my way.

The worker opened the boxes,
She got quite tired of me.
It had to have the right plug
or it wouldn't work, you see.

She finally handed me one
and said that it should work.
After paying for it up front,
I opened it right in front of the clerk.

The plug was just the right one.
I carried it carefully home.
I pulled it from the package
and said a naughty word!

The cord was about 6 inches.
It needed to reach a yard.
I was in such a dither,
I called Duane crying hard.

He said turn off the computer.
Look in the closet on the shelf.
There was a complete mouse family
in a box upon that shelf!

Now I have a black mouse.
His sides leak no goo.
My husband gave him to me.
Now I'm as good as new!

No comments: