Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wood

Today I am thankful for wood. Trees. Just in the room I'm sitting in, I see a wooden desk, wooden picture frames, wooden pencils, some wooden cutouts for gifts, book shelves, our mail holder, a wooden turtle clock my boyfriend made for me, 2 wooden hangings from a Grandpa when he died, a homemade wooden music box,a little Native American dancer from when we lived in Arizona, and this is not to mention all the things made of PAPER (trees) in here! One of my favorite wooden things is doll furniture.......willow chairs from Uncle Milt, a high chair from Grandpa Chris (a neighborhood grandpa), little white wooden chairs from Uncle Lynn, and lots of wooden doll beds made by the guy I live with. There's just something about "homemade" and "wooden" that makes me enjoy the finished products.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I used to lie in bed and count things (I was afraid of the dark for a really long time). First, I'd count everything that was alive in there... me, my fish, hopefully not too many spiders. Then I'd count things that moved, but weren't alive... my alarm clock, my heater, etc. Just something you may or may not have known about me. I'm going to pay more attention to the wood around me today! ;)