Just when I thought that trimming the trumpet vines would decrease the number of yellow jackets swarming around in our yard, tonight as I was relaxing on the chair on the front porch, talking on the phone, there was a yellow jacket who was DETERMINED to get inside one of the holes in my spongy shoes! I was kicking my feet, and hoping the movement would scare him away, but I guess he just thought my feet were pretty orange blossoms swaying in the wind. I took off my shoes, and he flew away. Finally!
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
3 comments:
At least it wasnt just trying to be mean. It just knew a sweet person when it saw one. :)
You are a brave soul! If we're eating outside and a bee flies up and won't leave us alone, I'm inside in a split second. I don't do bees. :o)
Emily got stung by either more than one yellow jacket or one really angry one the other day up in the treehouse. She had stings all around her ankles. She came in screaming her head off and Geoff's cousin went out there with the spray and found SEVERAL nests! Something in our yard must make them want to stay here! The sad thing is that the trap I put up doesn't have one single wasp in it yet! Dumb bugs!
Post a Comment