Monday and Tuesday, an author came to our school and put on 2 assemblies, and went into all the classrooms to do a 20-45 minute writing experience with the students. I attended as many of his sessions as I could. When he was in a class where my next student was, I'd just watch his presentation (our boss told us not to pull kids out of his instruction). He's the same guy who came to a different elementary about 8 years ago and inspired me to start writing a book. One summer, I took an online writing class from him. He is a great guy! He's named Brad Wilcox and he wrote 'Hip, Hip, Hooray for Annie McCrae!' I love that book! Out in the parking lot, I had a chance to talk to him all by myself, and I 'just happened' to have a copy of my book's text with me. He took it home, proofread it for me, and today I got his remarks and suggested changes in the mail. I'm so excited! He suggested that I attend some writing conferences where publishers and editors will be attending, looking for new books to print. There are 2 conferences not too far away: one in March for a Friday and Saturday, and one in June that lasts a whole week! It's even at a good time for my family schedule. I'm so excited to save up and go! Here's the kicker: I have to NOT spend money on books from now until June, and the savings will more than pay for my admission to the conferences (I spend too much on books, I'm thinkin'). Don't worry, I have enough books stashed away downstairs, that I can still enjoy giving some away to the neighbors for Christmas. :) Brad brought back my enthusiasm and hope for writing a book again. He doesn't know me. He didn't have to help me. But he did. Generally, people are good.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
1 comment:
Wow! I didn't get to hear this part of the story! That is so awesome! Heavenly Father sure puts this guy in the right place at the right time. ;) I'm so happy for you! I hope the fire he has lit under you keeps burning and burning! I love you!!
Post a Comment