Over the years of raising a family, I always went to Parent Teacher Conferences as a PARENT. I would always get a little nervous that the teacher would tell me my child was misbehaving, or not working hard enough, or talking to friends too much, or similar things. You know, the things my Mom had to hear about me from my teachers. But now that I am working in a school, I am seeing the Parent Teacher Conference from a different angle. I listen to teachers agonizing over how to tell a parent that they need to help their child with homework every night, or that they need to listen to their child read for a few minutes every night, or that their child needs to go to bed earlier than midnight and not be allowed to watch the R rated movies that are playing in the house, because he tries to act out what he saw in the movie at school the next day. Teachers get nervous, too. They want the best for their students, and they want parents to be on the same team with them. This week is our Parent Teacher Conference time at my school. Hopefully no one will get so nervous they will pop! If Parents and Teachers all do our best to help the children, it will all be okay.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
1 comment:
I was a nervous wreck the first time I had parent teacher conferences and I was the teacher! I was 22 and all of the parents were much older and wiser! Then I discovered that they were more nervous than I was, and it was all good after that!
Post a Comment