Today I enjoyed taking a trip backwards in time. I joined other family members at my daughter's house, and we all made doughnuts together. The recipe we used was a newly acquired recipe that my Mom always used. I couldn't help but wonder if she got to peek in on us and enjoy the moment from Heaven. It had been awhile since I saw scalded milk, or helped cut the dough into circles with little holes in the middles, or turned the browning ones in the hot bubbling oil with a dowel piece, or tasted the 'holes' with cinnamon sugar on them. YUM!! It was nice to have the Little People playing together in nearly every room of the house, and to hear the cute things they were saying. Yesterday I got to visit with the Kids and Grands who live far far away, and that was a treat too. We are anxious to get to go see them and hug them. I feel so happy when I get to communicate with my Family. I love each person. I mean, REALLY love them!
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
1 comment:
oh how fun! doughnuts remind me of Jean Lee and Carol Woodhouse! Good times!!
Post a Comment