Up until I was 39.97 years old, I enjoyed being tall and thin and could eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Then one day while standing on the elementary school playground watching the kids play, I heard a thunk and all my insides fell apart. Just like that! I had to have new glasses, my teeth needed lots of repairs, some of my organs went haywire, and worst of all: I kept on gaining weight. Wait a minute!
One year ago, after my last child's wedding, I finally got serious about doing something about it. I lost 23 pounds and was feeling great. This entire year, I've been focused on being the Host/Hostess of a 4 day family reunion, and my weight climbed back up by 22.5 ugly pounds. But now that everything is packed up and ready to go, I'm doing better at not stress-eating and I'm back down by 5.5 pounds. Hooray! I always thought I'd enjoy being tall and thin..... but wait! Weight doesn't work that way. Shucks.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
2 comments:
For some people its NEVER worked that way... I was an ideal weight on my mission -- walking 10 miles a day. Now I have to be content with a doesn't need a fire rescue crew to get out of bed in the morning... :P
You're hilarious!
Post a Comment