The kids are all in their own nests tonight, snuggling their little chirpers, and no doubt trying to convince them to close their peepers and GO TO SLEEP!
We kept up with some of our favorite traditions, just the two of us. We got out some jigsaw puzzles and enjoyed working them together. We also bundled up, and went for a ride around town, oooooooo-ing and aaaaahhh-ing over the pretty lights on and around people's houses. We find it so interesting that some of the 'poor' areas of town actually have the prettiest lighting. In the 'wealthy' parts, many of the houses have no decorations on them at all. Perhaps they don't care to cheer up their neighbors... they should! We are all here to help each other. We also got some ideas for how to try doing our own lights next year. Watch out, after-Christmas sales! We're adding some lighted snowflakes.
I think I am going to get flat sheets and fitted sheets for our Little People for next year either for their birthdays, or for Christmas. Maybe I'll even applique some cute little thing onto them.... or something. It takes me all year to get something made, so I have to get started right away! Hopefully I won't have so many Dr. appts. this year to work on projects while sitting in the waiting rooms. And there's the new garden project I'll be working on in the warmer months. So ya, gotta get a move on. I'm loving being here on earth, and feeling so fortunate to have gotten great medical help this last year.
I hope everyone gets to have a Happy Christmas this year. :)
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment