Today I have my cleaning visor on backwards and am getting alot done! The visor stems from my first year at college when my roommate brought home some tossed-out hats from the dance dept. and we would all wear them when we cleaned the apartment. Just feeling it on my head reminds me to stay focused and to keep going. No changing of gears. Even though it has stopped snowing, the sun is out, and I need to go to the bank and one store for some new bed sheets.
So far, there's a pile of baby/children's clothes for emergencies when the Little People are here. There's a pile of sewing stuff that was tucked into nooks and crannies and now it's all headed downstairs to the sewing room. There's a pile of cans of olives waiting for me to decide where they should go in the Food Room..... next to the catsup and mustard, or with the cans of veggies, or in the kitchen cupboard. Any suggestions? There's a pile of new games and puzzles and sticker books for birthdays that I forgot I had. All the Christmas snowflake lights that I got on sale last week are making a nicely stacked pile, all by themselves. At the top of the stairs there's a pile of things to go down. The stack of school papers needing to be sorted--tipped over, so now it's going into crates. But my favorite pile is the one with every letter to me that my Mother ever wrote.... I keep thinking I'm going to take them out of their envelopes, iron them nice and flat, and put them into notebooks where they can be read and enjoyed. They are neatly bundled and stored in some big green totes..... maybe I will make copies and share them with my Sibs. But not today....today I am making piles with names. :)
Fall Festival Chili Cook-off Awards
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment