Friday, January 8, 2010

Spotlight

At church, each of the teachers are taking a turn to do a 'spotlight' on themselves. Mine is in a couple weeks, so I made a note and put it on the mirror, and I've been thinking about what I'd like to say. Here's what I have so far:

I like:
salted almonds
email
Grandkids
cows (and the smell of cows)
sewing
gardening
sunsets
lambs
kids' books
kids
amaretto hot chocolate
sunshine
cheery people
chocolate candy
4 wheelers
being an Aunt
cutting and pasting
writing
laminating
holding babies
planning ahead (no, not worrying)
sleep
fleece blankets
Temples
scriptures
seat heaters
most warm things
freecell solitaire on the computer
pickups
flowers
new clothes
and some other things....


I don't like:
black licorice
being cold
metal with little grooves in it (w/fingernails: gives me chills)
being scared
heights
people who look for the negatives in life
mornings (have seen few sunrises)
the city
children's runny noses
bloody steak
scary movies
spiders
math
driving on steep roads
looking over balconies or bridges
hospitals
watching movies or TV...except for the news
immodest people (I don't want to see it)
cold feet
cold fingers
lies
mean people
weevil

I'm probably not going to try and memorize the lists...just read them really really fast and be done! Which reminds me of one more thing I don't like: standing at the front/conducting a meeting....UNLESS one or more of the children smile at me, then I am just fine. :)

No comments: