Duane hates going to the Dr., but sometimes I make him. So far, he has no hearing loss (which I was SURE he had!), no cavities in his teeth, no skin cancer, no diabetes (they checked him for it and have been watching him closely), and no heart problems. He always gets so worked up before going for checkups because he is just SURE something is going to be majorly wrong.
On the other hand, I don't mind going to the Dr. because if there's something wrong, they will know how to fix it. So I go skipping in the door, not worried about a thing, and so far I've heard things like: "By the way, you do have cancer."... "You will need another root canal." ... "The biopsy from your eyebrow shows cancer tissue."... "Your kidneys are showing minimal damage. Drink more water." and today I heard: "You have a small cataract in the lower area of your right eye. It will be a few years before you'll need to have it removed." Swell!
I've always thought I was patient, but Duane wasn't. Perhaps I was wrong... I am still having experiences that remind me to practice patience. And he goes skipping through life with only his little worries. Getting older isn't as much fun as it used to be. :/
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
3 comments:
Aw, this made me wanna hug you both. I'm sorry your body is needing more repairs than you would wish for. Thanks for keeping up the maintenance for the rest of us who want you around for a lot longer. Love you.
I laughed about Duane's hearing!
Sorry about the health issues, but agree that I am grateful for modern medicine to help make things better!
Maintenance is time consuming, but sure beats the scrapyard =).
Post a Comment