In 1975, I married the man who had been my best friend for almost 4 years. Since then, we have written many chapters in our Book of Life Together. So many fun memories are flying through my head as I sit here at the computer.... giving birth to our four children, teaching them to eat with a spoon and to walk without help, sewing Prom dresses, waiting up for the teenagers to return home by midnight, sending each of them off to college/mission and hoping we had prepared them well enough. Planning each of their weddings as they found their Partners and made their own plans as new Families. Welcoming the sweet babies who have come along so far and who learn to call us "Grandma" and "Grandpa." Each chapter has been an adventure. Each chapter was filled with happy days, with a few worries mixed in. Today we returned from Louisiana after attending a wedding celebration for our new Daughter-In-Law and our Son. It was our last child to be starting out with his Best Friend to write their own chapters in their own Family Book of Life. I'm so thankful for the watchful care and unnumbered blessings that have been poured down upon us from Heaven over the years. I am happy to be a Mom and a Grandma and I love each person in my Family. I'm wondering now about the next few chapters...... I hope they are going to be fun adventures, too! The talk from others about being 'Empty Nesters' is taking some time to feel comfortable for me.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
2 comments:
If you ever need to appreciate your empty one, you are welcome to come sit awhile in my overflowing, brimming with excitement and activities nest any ole time! ;) Plus, us baby chicks will come running back any time to call us for a visit! :D
My parents love being Empty Nesters- it's the best of both worlds; get to see the kids and grandkids frequently, but get to spend most of your time with your best friend. :o) You paid your dues, enjoy it!
Post a Comment