Even though it is a rainy day, all the people on our street woke up this morning to find a beautiful American flag posted in our front lawns. Seeing those stars and stripes reminds me of Uncle Milt and Uncle Wilford and all the thousands of courageous soldiers, who, over the years have slept in uncomfortable places and eaten not-so-yummy food so that I could be safe and free. Every Monday at school, I get to hold my hand on my heart and say the Pledge of Allegiance, followed by a recording of our National Anthem and I LOVE being a part of that. I'm so glad I get to live here in this great land. It makes me feel reverent inside when I see our flag. I'm happy to be alive!
Sewing Room Model 1:12 (ish)
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
I just discovered that my new house has a flag holder on it! I need to find me a good flag or two to show. :) I love that my 6 year old is learning how to sing the National Anthem. It's all so important.
Post a Comment