Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dirt

Today I played in the dirt and had such a good time! To the side of our tool shed, there was a crumbling mess of rock, cement, weeds, and dirt. Since we already had a pile of pavers (rectangle cement flat things), I decided to fix up the weed patch. All the rocks are out, and waiting to get to be pretty in another part of the yard. They are flat on one side and nice to put around flower beds. Today I dug out sod, chopped clods, leveled, spread gravel, and got almost half the blocks laid in place. Maybe tomorrow night I can get it finished. It is shaded and cool enough to work out there, by about 8 p.m. I nearly melted while working out there in the morning! Dirt can be soft, hard, crusty, cloddy, crumbly, fine, smooth, clay, powdery, wet, dry.....but it is always a joy to work in. I love turning something ugly into something usable and pretty.

No comments: