Friday, July 4, 2008

Mom and Dad's Hard Work

As I was washing pots and pans that had accumulated over a couple of days, I remembered that Mom never went to bed at night with dirty dishes in the sink. When I saw a load of hay for a neighbor's horses, I remembered rolling hay bales and working in the hot sun and being so itchy from the sweat and dirt. When I decided to fix a weed patch by the tool shed, I was happy that my parents had taught me how to work. As I spaded the hard soil with a hand tool, spread gravel, and put the bricks into place, it made me happy to think of my hard working parents. But it wasn't until I pulled the pavers all back out, and redid the whole thing, that it seemed like Dad was beside me, helping the pavers feel lighter, and they slid right into place. We worked until 10 p.m. together. Our parents still care about us, and watch over us, even though they live in Heaven.

No comments: