Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pan Zeez

Most years, I put off pulling out the old plant growth from the flowerbeds in the Fall, until it is snowing. I just hate to rip out anything that's alive. But today I pulled out the things with runners, and the things that are finished blooming. In the empty places, I added some pansies and a few tulip and daffthedill bulbs. It kinda looks like the flowerbeds got a nice new haircut. :)

It has been quite a number of years since I have taken time to sew anything. This year I decided I would try some bathrobes for my Little People for Christmas. The fleece was on sale last week, so I picked up some cute prints and now I'm excited to get started. Three more Saturdays from today will be our family's Thanksgiving Dinner, and I'll sew after that. By having our turkey dinner earlier, it allows the kids to go to their In-Law's houses on the regular day, and it also gives them a chance to create their own traditions for their little families. I have a friend who had never cooked a turkey or gathered her family in her own house.......until her mother died. She was 57 when her Mom died. She was just lost. I want my kids to be more self-sufficient, and able to do their gatherings as they raise their children. It's the old fillosufee that: "You teach your children to know how to fly, and then when they fly away from home, you cry." I'm excited for the Gathering and the yummy food. And, I'm excited to have more time to slowly prepare for Christmas. Today I'm most excited about the Women's Broadcast tonight, and General Conference next weekend. I love the inner warmth I feel when I listen to the speakers.

No comments: