This week I've been back at my school, enjoying the children, enjoying seeing my teacher friends, loving the smell of the cafeteria (our school has wonderful lunches!), enjoying the sounds of the bells throughout the day, and getting all my ducks in a row for the lessons I am about to teach. This year there are 22 women in our room who all do about the same things I do. It's nice to have that many friends who all love to teach, too. Tonight I pulled out a few Thanksgiving decorations for my cubby. I'm skipping halloween this year. I've always hated the 'holiday' because of its blackness, meanness, witchiness, bloodiness, scariness, greediness (GIVE ME CANDY), etc. So, this year I'm doing what I've always wanted to do: Have a nice Thanksgiving Dinner at the end of October (probably the 25th, Saturday). Then we will have 2 months to enjoy making/buying things for Christmas gifts. Not so much hurry, hurry. Hopefully those 2 months can be filled with lots of nice activities. Call me weird. I don't care. I like the Thank You Holiday, and the Birth of the Savior Celebration the best.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment