Friday, October 3, 2008

FINALLY, the weekend is here!

This week was very busy for me. It was back-to-school week, get all new assignments week, prepare and organize week, make 6 notebooks for my tutored students week, make copies and copies and copies week, start upper grades' Power Hour week, start tutoring Early Steps kids (Second Graders who are about 6 months to a year behind), laminate important things week, tutor here at home on Tuesdays and Thursdays week, keep fixing dinner when you're tired week, go get a flu shot week, visit Zim's going-out-of-business sale week, try and keep up with the dishes and laundry week, mess with my hair doo every day week, and try to give away some smiles week. Our expenditures look so much better when I stay busy, instead of going shopping! :)

I didn't buy a single thing at Zim's. Nothing is marked, so you can't tell if things are really cheap, or not. I wanted to buy what was left on a big bolt of fabric, but the lady told me she didn't know how to do that.... she 'thought' it would be alright to sell it to me at 50% off, but she'd have to ask her boss, and could I please come back tomorrow or preferrably Monday. I'll give them a week or two to get it together, then I'll go back and check it out again.

I'm so happy that Conference is this weekend! Now if there was just a way to make the clock go slower during the sessions, so it would last longer. It always goes zipping by and is finished before I'm ready for it to be.

Happy Weekend Everyone!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Hey! I want to go to Zims! Can I invite myself? I'll bet I could find some good stuff for my kids to make for each other for Christmas! :)

I know what you mean about the clock going slower during Conference! I wish for that and for quiet children. Even Emily who sat and listened the longest kept asking me questions about things. :D I can hardlee wait for it to come out in the Ensign so I can read them all again!! :D