Sunday, October 5, 2008

Yesterday and Today

In the last couple of days, I have written some goals down, and I listened to the counsel of my Church Leaders. I feel so happy to have people to coach me and help me understand what I am here on earth for, and what I should be doing each day. It's kind of like the lesson plans I make for teaching my students each day.....each item on my plan has a time allotted for it, and an order for it. My life has a plan, too. Although I get to pick when I do some things, other things are outlined for me and I just need to follow the directions. Like, it wouldn't be smart for me to dink around and waste time, and then when I am 50 years old, decide to start having children. Yikes! But now that I am 54, and my kids are all out on their own, it might be an okay time for me to pick back up on sewing, crocheting, and watching others jump on the trampoline or carry heavy things. I guess I'm admitting that I'm feeling older. There's a 25/lb. bag of sugar sitting on the floor of the kitchen near a cupboard and every time I walk past it, I gleefully remind myself that it weighs about the same as the 27 pounds I just lost, and I feel a little better. I planned on skipping happily through life, and not worrying for a second at how old I was...... but the other day I looked in the mirror, and got my mind changed about that. I've decided that chin hairs are the enemy, and they just keep on creeping out where I can see them. In some ways, being overweight was nice......at least my skin was on tight. Now it flaps in the breeze and waggles when I wave bye-bye to the Grandkids. Don't like that so much. And through it all, I'm so glad I feel good, I'm glad I can still walk (though a second grader beat me at 'fast-walking' in the hall last week), I'm glad for all the family and friends that I love, I like my house and the pasture out back, I like the colorful leaves of Fall, I love my job and hope I'm not there until I'm 98 years old, I LOVE being a Grandma, a Mom, an Aunt, a Sister, and a Friend. I'm thankful for my yesterdays, and for today, and for the tomorrows that will come and bring pleasant things to enjoy. Hey! I just figured out where all my emotions are coming from tonight.... our family is having Thanksgiving in 2 weeks, and I'm having all my thankfulnesses fill up my heart. :) Now I get it. Funny thing about love: you find good people in your life to give your love away to, and your heart is like bread dough with extra yeast and just keeps on filling your heart back up. I hope it just stays that way forever because I bet there are some more people who will come along for me to love. Maybe some more Grandbabies, and maybe when they grow up, they'll bring me their babies to hold and kiss. Sweet! :)

No comments: