Today was one of those days that you don't want to end, and you want to remember it forever because of its warmth and happiness. Here are the things I can still remember from today:
My tutor student had one word spelled correctly on her pre-test (24 words spelled wrong). She and I worked and studied. She got 100% on her final test! She was so happy! I was happy for her! We rejoiced together.
Spray painting boxes out by the side of the house. Finding them dry enough to take along to our Thanksgiving Dinner.
Talking on the phone to people I gave birth to. They are my Friends.
Mashed potatoes and gravy, juicy turkey, rolls, pretty punch sparkling in new glass glasses, yam yum, green beans wrapped in bacon, dressing, and a dozen matching plates. Pies. Ice Cream.
Getting to know Anne and Hazen better.
Children's hugs. Children's laughter. Little feet running on the floor and in the grass outside. Children's artwork on the service project boxes we decorated. Little boys with fresh haircuts who don't mind me running my hands through it. Playing duck, duck, goose with the Children. Playing sardines/hide and seek with the Children. Holding a child on my hip. Messy little faces after eating. Children playing together in harmony. Reminiscing. Remembering when my kids were the little ones.
Not dropping anything, or making a big mess in some way. Not saying something accidentally and making someone feel bad (except forgetting the names of the Grandkids....whoosh!). When they are all together, I get them all mixed up.
Sunshine. Warm outside. Roads that were NOT slick. Everyone safe in their travels 'over the river and through the woods.'
Not having to be in charge. Not having to worry about anything. Hanging out with people I love to be with. Eating and eating and eating. Holding Becca and feeling her happiness. Gabbing with the Girls while the Boys watched a movie. Putting stickers on boxes.
Taking a nap. Not having to fix supper. Thinking about my kids who will be at Primary tomorrow. Preparing a visual with sand, rock, water, 2 little houses made of blocks, and some water (wise man and foolish man). Eating and eating and eating some more.
Doing dishes while listening to Tabernacle Choir music. Thinking about Christmas and gifts I'm excited to make.
Today was a gift to me. I enjoyed every moment it offered me. I hope tomorrow is another good one. :)
Things that did not make me happy today:
Not having Laura's family with us.
Only getting to take half the boxes because the car was too full.
Only having a few hours in the day.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment