Sunday, November 30, 2008

Good news and bad news

First the bad/sad news. Yesterday I went to K-Mart to see if they had a little set of Nativity Figurines that the Grandkids could play with, but not have to worry about breaking. There wasn't a single Nativity anything in the whole CHRISTmas section! No outdoor nativity decorations, no tree ornaments with nativity pictures on them, no manger scenes to put on the mantle......NONE! The only thing I saw was a few stars. That makes me sad.

The GOOD news is: when the Grandkids came over last night, there were several fun things for them to choose to do. They could help make cookies, watch a movie downstairs in the newly rearranged (and kid friendly) spare bedroom, play barbies with new dolls and old clothes I found in a box downstairs, read books, or play with the various Nativity sets. It made me so happy that they spent most of their time playing in the living room with books and nativity sets. There is a magnet set, a weebles set of wooden bowling pin-shaped people that fit inside a little house with a lid/roof on it, the Fisher-Price plastic set that I found yesterday (NOT at kmart), a window cling set, a felt set, a big wooden puzzle, and several more sets. They LOVED playing with them and telling the story as they moved the figures around. Kids come from Heaven and they bring such warmth and sweetness with them.

1 comment:

dgmthrof4 said...

I know that fisher price makes a little people nativity with lots of add on sets as well, try checking the toy section. I know they had them in the Walmart ad, but here is the website with the picture so you can find it wherever you are: http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=900000&e=storethumb&pcat=fps_toddler_lp_toys