Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Robe numbr ate

Tonight I am cutting out Little People robe #8. It is the last one. I have totally LOVED sewing each one, and thinking about the child it was for. Remembering when they were born, the things they are attached to, the sound of their laughter, the color of their eyes..... I love my Grandkids so much. Maybe I will have the robes all done before the traditional Thanksgiving day! My goal is to NOT be stressy in December. I want to feel peace, and be ready with a smile and a helping hand in case I find someone who needs me. Holidays are very hard for people sometimes.

Today I got to go a few towns south and go hang out with people I love. Those little arms around my neck are the best therapy for every woe. Tomorrow I am hanging out with another one of my Little People. They, too, are taking me shopping. The next day I am hanging out with my newest Little Person(s?). In June it will be time for them to have a birthday so I can meet them and kiss them. I'm calling them twins until the ultrasound comes along and tells me it is only one....which it probably will. I'll play with the idea as long as possible. :) I sure wish I could hang out with my Little People who live far far away. It will be clear next June until I get to see them again. It makes my heart ache. Tonight I am very thankful for all the People in my family that I belong to. They love me, and I love them. Siblings, Children, Little People, Aunts and Uncles, Cousins, and Friends I've adopted along the way. It takes quite a crew to help me through!

Last week I started writing another picture book. I figure by the time I find a publisher, I might as well have several books for him to choose from. :) This one's about growing old.....the fun things, and the 'other' things, too. I love the rhyming process.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

No comments: