Wednesday, November 26, 2008

With 23 minutes to spare!

It is 11:37 p.m. on Thanksgiving Eve, and I JUST FINISHED SEWING THE VERY LAST BATHROBE! I'm done before Thanksgiving! That is a record for me! I saved Becca's for last because as I was sewing the others, I was trying to figure out in my head how I was going to make hers. I wanted it so it would be easy for Diana to get her in and out of it, and so it would be higher up on her neck to keep her warm, fairly easy to leave her in it and still change her diaper, etc., etc. I love the way it turned out. I sliced the sleeves in half right down the top and put velcro there. Then I put separating zippers in the seam that goes from the wrist and up the sleeve and through the armpit and then on down to the bottom of the hem. So, now when they want to put it on her, they just pull the entire front all the way down. Lay her on the inside of the back piece, and zip and velcro her inside! It's almost like a sleeping bag with sleeves (except the bottom is open). Now I can clean up the sewing factory mess in the living room, and get the Christmas tree put up. I love that I can sew. I love that I have a trusty machine. I love fleece fabric. But most especially, I love the Little People who will wear them.

No comments: