Saturday, December 20, 2008

Am I ready for Christmas, or not?

Here are some of the things I love to do at Christmas. I'm trying to decide if I'm ready for Christmas or not. Hopefully my family and friends will tell me what they like to do, then I can enjoy doing some new ideas.

Think about the baby in the manger. started, but not finished
Listen to pretty music. everyday, and not tired of it
Put some lights on the edge of the roof. check
Set up the outdoor manger scene. check
Get out the children's Christmas books. check
Make sure there are enough manger scenes to rearrange with the Grands. check
Sew something for someone else. check
Send Christmas cards to people we don't get to see very often. check
Relax and smile at others.... not checked off yet
Go Christmas shopping for fun little things. check
Wrap gifts while singing/listening to Christmas music. check
Put up the Christmas tree. check
Shovel snow. check
Make a phone call to someone I love. check
Eat raisins, bananas, clementines, and apples instead of box after box of chocolates. check
Go visit the neighbors and take them a children's book...instead of chocolate. not checked off yet, but have the books
Go to church and participate in the beautiful music and special speakers. not yet
Do something nice for someone without getting caught. hmmmmm. not sure if they saw
Clean the house for unannounced visitors. just need to vacuum
Help a young girl with her Christmasing to surprise her Mom. not finished, but fun!
Cut out quilt blocks for a quiet day of sewing next week. started, but not done
Take a nap. check

1 comment:

Melissa M. said...

Your list looks good, but did you hang the mistletoe?