Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Amelia

This is the day I get to stay home.
Home all alone! Terrific, I say!

I sudsed up the dishes and made them foam.
Foam all alone! Terrific, I say!

I got myself dressed. My hair I did comb.
Comb all alone! Terrific, I say!

I called up the Dr. and stayed on the phone.
Phone all alone! Terrific, I say!

I sat on a chair and wrote a fun poem.
Poem all alone! Terrific, I say!

And as I was sitting, the doorbell rang.
Rang all alone! Terrific, I say!

A little girl stood there. Amelia's her name.
Amelia all alone! Terrific, I say!

"Do you still have your loose tooth hanging in there?"
Hanging all alone! Terrific, I say!

"Okay if I touch it just once? I'll be careful."
Careful all alone! Terrific, I say!

Out the tooth jumped, right outta her mouth!
Jumped all alone! Terrific, I say!

Amelia's a sweetie with her toothless grin.
Grin, grin, together! Terrific, WE say!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the love, the friendship, the joy. What a wonderful poem. Darla, you have no idea how much this means to Amelia and the rest of our family. It brings tears to the eyes. Thank you for such a fun and beautiful poem!

Diana said...

CUTE! I so need you to work your magic on Emily! Her tooth is not even the same color as the tooth next to it because it is SO ready to come out. :P Amelia is lucky to have you for a friend! ;)