Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cleening the hamstir caj

When cleaning the tubes from the hamster cage, it is always a good idea to hold the tube downwards while bringing the bottle brush out backwards. If one holds the end of the tube pointed at the face, you'll get a face full of icky splatterings. I learned that lesson today. Man, when do I get to start knowing the answers to things, and not have to always learn things by experience?

Today we received word of the death of a former neighbor. Some of their kids were close in ages to some of our children. Heart attack. Sad. Helpful reminder to the rest of us to take care of our bodies, and to tell everyone we love, that we love them. I hope when it's my turn to die, that I die with a smile on my face. I hope others remember me for trying to be cheerful. And I REALLY hope that when someone walks past my casket, that one of my eyelids will suddenly come un-glued and pop open, so it looks like I'm winking! That would be great! :)

2 comments:

Life Long Prints said...

The more you dwell on it the longer you’ll have to stay, my Grandma Ruth thought she was going to die for 30 years, she died at 94,keep up the good work:)

Toni Wilkins said...

Darla, you are hilarious!!! I can't resist commenting on your blog any longer. Now you know I've been reading it! You crack me up!