Friday, December 26, 2008

Day-After-Christmas Sales

Every year we avoid the stores on the day after Thanksgiving (too many hurried shoppers), and the day after Christmas (long lines of returns). But today we went to a store and got an old-people-friendly artificial tree with lights already on it. Yee haw! We were quite surprised to find the store nearly empty! We didn't even have to wait in line for a single customer! After lunch, I decided to brave it and go to the book store in the mall, and once again, the stores were practically empty. The book store had just what I wanted: some childrens' nativity books for next Christmas for my Primary class. Half price! On the way home, I stopped at k-mart and picked up a wreath, a new star topper, wrapping paper, and cards for next year. All at half price! Man, it's fun to only spend half dollars. :)

We've been getting snow storm after snow storm. Duane keeps us snow-blowed out, and the truck has 4-wheel drive, so we have been fine. I found it quite interesting that the little road near our house had been plowed and salted and was nice and clear, but the main roads hadn't been plowed yet. Weird.

I'm enjoying being home for 2 weeks in a row. Wow! I love love love being home! But I'm missing the kids. And I'm missing a routine that guides me safely through each day. Don't get me wrong...I love random (ya think?). I just seem to rattle around the house, and not really get anything done. Perhaps I don't know how to relax.....

No comments: