I love children. I love my own children. I love their children. I love my friends' children. I love the children in my neighborhood. I love the children I work with at school. I love children everywhere I go. But tonight I am thinking of the children in my Primary class at church....They became 'mine' last January 1st. We have had a great year together as we've studied scriptures, shared experiences, made things to take home, and had snacks sometimes. The last few weeks, I've been telling them of upcoming changes, and preparing them (and me) for their new teacher come January 1st. Once when the class just younger than mine was without a teacher at Thanksgiving time, I had them come to our class. We had a good discussion about them being my 'new class' and about my kids getting to move up. And then today happened. The President asked me if I could move up WITH my class, and stay their teacher for another year. I'm so excited about that! I already know them and love them, and we are all a good team. Tonight I'm just sorta feeling bad for them.....they are so excited to have a new teacher! I hope they aren't too disappointed that they don't get away from me. It was suggested to me that when I approach the subject with them, that I should cheerfully say something like: Something wonderful has happened. This thing doesn't happen very often in our lifetimes.... make it special. The children will be turning 8 years old this coming year. What a great time to be a child's teacher! :)
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
2 comments:
They will be thrilled because they feel loved by you!
That is awesome, I know it would make the new year a whole lot easier for my kids if they knew they had the same teacher. Especially for Stewart. Congrats!
Post a Comment