Saturday, February 21, 2009

Still loving my Mom

My Mom would have been 90 today,
had she been allowed to stay.
But since she is gone,
her example lives on,
And I love her for all of her ways.

Mom might have baked goodies today.
Too bad I live so far away.
So, on her behalf,
I quietly laughed
As I ate pie and ice cream all day.

My Mom would have liked today's sun.
She'd have dug in the dirt just for fun.
So, with her in mind,
I went out to find
the tulips' hibernation was done!

I would surely have called Mom today.
I'd have told her I love her always.
But since she's gone on,
Her battles she won.
Hopefully she feels loved every day.

1 comment:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

It's too bad we can't buy a plane ticket and go visit her for a weekend! I miss her, too!