Today when I was tutoring, my student brought along a book to read to me. Hooray! A student who has learned how to LOVE reading! We hummed along for almost an hour! Read, read, read! Wow! When the eyes got tired, we decided to take a small break. The student was anxious to know how many pages they had read. I suggested to look at the bottom of the page currently being read. But, no way! Their idea was the only way to go! Get this: the child went to the Contents page and started adding the page numbers together.... you know, the numbers that tell you what page each chapter starts on. (!) Not only that, they began adding...... in the tens column, not the ones! We'll tackle those issues another day. Today, I'm happy to have an avid Reader!
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
2 comments:
Ooops! :D Very cute, though. :)
I call them "Sylvan Moments," and I LOVE THEM A LOT!
Post a Comment