Something so important happened today, that I'm still thinking about it, and it's still making me so HAPPY! One of my students, who quivers and shakes through each lesson, and has to go get a drink because his mouth is dry from near-hyperventilation, came again today to practice reading with me. I love the boy! He works so hard, and tries every little thing that I ask him to do. Half of his lessons are during his P.E. time, so he doesn't always smile when he sees me at the gym door. Today, he read like a champion! He didn't shake. He was noticeably more relaxed. He paid attention to punctuation. He read with feeling. He did so good! I was so proud of him. He stood to go, then turned to face me. Very quietly, and with almost a tone of surprise in his voice, he leaned toward me and said, "I like reading." I couldn't believe it! I said, "I don't think I quite heard you. Could you please say that again, only louder, right into my ear, please?" So, he said it again, and of course I HAD to give him a Standing Ovation! He's not a Reluctant Reader anymore! He likes it! That MAKES my day!
The other 'happy' 2day was when the lady from the University showed up to observe us.....for the very LAST time! One of the other ladies reminded me at lunch that the lady would be there within minutes, and since I had totally spaced it, I ran crazy trying to get someone to cover my bases for kindergarten Power Hour, and hurry and get my desk cleaned off (thank goodness for short-legged students so I can put stuff on the floor in front of them!), and make sure my lesson plan was squeaky clean! Whew! Kinda nice to forget.....no stressing out for 3 days ahead of time.
Since I came with a love for children, it's especially nice that I get to have a job where I can work with kids. I finally found my niche.....I love this job.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment