Saturday, April 11, 2009

I love rocks

This week our neighbor gave us 3 big rocks from her yard, to decorate our yard with. I call her 'Dora The Explorer' and she just loves that. She's almost 90 years old. Her husband used to be a Rock Hound, so they have some amazing rocks. The new rocks help make our yard look 'rustic'/farm-ish. I love that.

Today I tutored a student first thing in the morning, did the dishes, uncalked the 4 sides of the floor of the shower, scraped off the remaining goo left behind by some old flower stick-ons on the shower floor, worked outside getting all the leaves, balls, garbage, and grass out of 3 of the window wells, then had lunch. This afternoon I cleaned out the other 2 window wells, got some weed stopper fabric and rocks to put down in the window wells (next week), did several loads of laundry, went to one of my Primary Girl's baptism, ate dinner, and rested. My Man worked out at the gym, re-caulked the shower, rescued me with tools to make my chores easier (like a bright clamp-on light in the shower and a vacuum for the window wells), planted cucumbers and zucchini, mowed the lawn, fixed meals, and got the sprinklers running. I used to foolishly think that 'when the kids grew up, life would be easier' but I'm coming to the realization that 'when the kids grow up, you lose your helpers.' We ordered some window well covers from Home Depot. I'm so excited to get them put on! I'm REALLY excited not to have to worry about the Little People falling down those awful holes anymore! What is it about a hole, anyway, that attracts kids to it? Maybe when we figure out a good day for installing the window well covers, we'll invite our 'helpers' over to help us. Maybe we could get pizza and call it a 'Party.' :)

1 comment:

HunsakerMama said...

It's so good to hear you miss me, even if it's only for my manual labor skillz! :)