Today I had a colonoscopy. And, I made it through the prep! When I got up at 4:30 a.m. to finish drinking the cleener-outter medicine, I decided to have a little fun while I was in the Girls' Room. I clipped my fingernails and painted them, opened every drawer in the bathroom and played with all the stuff inside them, read a few stories in a book, made finger gloves out of little pony tail holders.... basically entertained myself to stay awake. Maybe I'll post a couple pictures later. The procedure at the hospital only took about 25 minutes, and there was no process of 'coming to' afterwards. I just woke up and was ready to go. The guy nurse even let me walk to the car instead of riding in a wheelchair. Then I came home and took a nap, ate lots of food and drank a big glass of milk (which I couldn't have for a few days). We went and picked up my new glasses, then I went to get a few birthday/baby gifts for upcoming birthdays. They said not to drive today because I'd be woozy, but my Boyfriend letted me because he said I was fine. So there you go. If you are old like me (it's a privilege to get to be 50+ years old, ya know) and haven't had a colonoscopy, you should make an appointment and go get that done. You sure don't want to wait until the polyps in there have turned to cancer, when they can take them out for you in just a jiffy on a day like today. No stress. No tears. No pain. No woozies.
Fall Festival Chili Cook-off Awards
5 days ago
2 comments:
HaHa... you and your creativity make me laugh! :)
well, I'm glad it all went well. I have heard a lot of horror stories, and you make it sound not at all unpleasant!
I got a good laugh at picturing you playing with all the stuff in the bathroom!
Post a Comment