Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Colorful stacking cups

This morning I am analyzing my way of doing things. It reminds me of a set of little stacking cups we had as a bathtub toy when the kids were little. Each one sits inside the next larger one, and if you turn them all right side up, they stack into a tower. I decided to swap rooms with the sewing room (upstairs) and the 'kitchen' (downstairs). After pulling all the food storage into the room next door downstairs, it looked so empty, and the walls so yucky that I decided to paint the room before moving all the sewing stuff down there. I LOVE LOVE to paint walls! I'm contemplating painting the hallway walls down there while I'm at it. They are sponge painted in bright yellow...so, yellow and white speckled. And then, after all the sewing stuff is packed downstairs, perhaps I'll paint the new food storage room upstairs, too. So, right now it feels like I'm pulling all the little cups apart and strewing them about. Maybe within a week or two, they'll be stacked like a tower and they will look so fresh and clean. :) Then I'll get everything all nice and organized and tucked away, then head back to school for another great year of teaching Reading. Ha, you didn't think I still had it in me, did ya? You thought I was getting old and fading. NOT! And Duane will like it because it keeps me busy instead of out shopping and spending money. Everybody wins when Momma paints. :)

2 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

You're the Energizer Bunny! Go Darla! Is your surgery scheduled yet?

Diana said...

You totally rock! Geoff pointed out too that you won't have to run up and down the stairs for food storage and that's a plus! I'm so excited for you! You're SO invited to my house to paint! ;)