Thursday, July 30, 2009

Here's what I miss:

Since having my thyroid taken out on Tuesday, there are a few things I miss being able to do, such as:

tipping my head back to drink from a cup (so glad we have hundreds of straws on hand)

tipping my head back to look for something warm to wear, on the top shelf of the closet (so glad I have a tall husband, who is always willing to help me)

tipping my head back while at the computer, so my bifocals can work on the bottom (so glad my shoulders can squinch up and support the neck)

rolling over in bed without cringing (today was better than yesterday, so perhaps tomorrow will be even better!)

swallowing without feeling it in my ears and all through my head (haven't lost a stitch of weight though, so you know it can't be THAT sore)

eating freshly popped pop corn (give me a few more days)


But, I am truly thankful for Dr.'s who've studied hard and know what to do to fix us when we break. Inventors who have come up with nice tools and equipment to keep us on the mend. (I LOVED the squeezy leg massagers at the hospital that kept me from getting clots in my legs.) Family and Friends who let you know they're praying for you, and who insist you're going to be okay, even when you're not so sure yourself. Time. I'm thankful for time.

1 comment:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

I'm glad I got to see you today. Happy Birthday!