Sunday, August 16, 2009

Compromising

We decided to get a new shade tree for the back yard. My Man picked out a nice Sunset Maple that will work great, AND in Fall it will have beautifully colored leaves. So far, so good. We then decided to dig a hole and plant the tree. He wanted it straight in line with the peach tree, but I wanted it closer to the house a few feet. He let me have my way. He dug out a circle of grass, and turned me loose. So far, so good. Now, about taking out the thin ugly tree that is being replaced. He wanted to plant the new baby tree and let it get going for a few years, and THEN take out the old tree. I wanted to take out the old tree NOW, so when we cut the limbs off, none of them would fall and break the baby tree off. So we compromised.... I got to cut the limbs off on the south side of the tree, where the new baby will stand, and we left the branches on the north side of the tree there, so we can still have some shade while we're waiting for the baby to get to be a tall teenager. After I cut the limbs off, he got out the chain saw and chomped it all down into a small pile. So far, so good. Now all we have left is to agree on a name for the tree.... I think I'll let him choose. :)

1 comment:

Diana said...

Oh, neat! I can hardlee wait to see! ;)