Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dig in.......Dig out

All week, the weatherman predicted cloudy/cooler temperatures for the weekend. I picked up a few more perennials on closeout sales and waited for Saturday to arrive. Oh, I could hardly wait! When I woke up this morning.... it was raining! Yay for rain! I love it! But drat for working outside much. This afternoon it was sunny, so I tackled the flowerbed around the mailbox. I took out the peony, the gladiolas who volunteered to be there, the rose, the day lilly, and the evening primroses. Then I put in a row of pretty pansies all around the edges. Wallah! In the back yard, I planted the peony, glads, rose, and day lilly. Those plants should have known better than to think I would leave them in the same place for another year! :) My Man is watching a movie downstairs........I'm thinking about taking a sharp saw to the tree in back....

1 comment:

Diana said...

You always keep your plants on their toes! ;)