Today it has actually been cool enough, that I put on a jacket for a little while. It feels so nice after all the hot summer days. It will be hot again next week, but just for today, I'm soaking up the cool breezes. The windows are all open and it's great!
Yesterday I had a chance to go to lunch with one of my friends from our growing up years. She did the math and decided it had been 13 years since we were last together. It was so good to see her, and hear her voice, and listen to her giggling again. We compared our bumps and bruises we've had in life, and talked about our kids and families. It was nice to catch up.
You can hardly even tell I had surgery 11 days ago. The incision has healed nicely. My Man removed the black not-needed-anymore tape that was originally holding my neck together. Man, it looks tons better! I'm thinking I won't have to wear the high-necked things to hide it anymore. Hooray! Today I even mowed the back lawn and used the hedge trimmers and clipped back the neighbors' trumpet vine. Wow! I'm normal again! (I use the term 'normal' loosely.) :)
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
1 comment:
I love hearing that you are doing so well... it does my heart good! :) I'm super curious who you got to see... if it wasn't so late, I'd call you right now! ;) I love you!!
Post a Comment