Saturday, September 26, 2009

I noticed something

When I'm out driving, I've noticed that I don't get irked when someone pulls in front of me too quickly, or if they don't signal their intent to make a turn, and I don't even try to outrun them when I'm first in line and the light turns green. I actually caught myself thinking: "It's okay if you didn't signal, Honey, maybe you are driving home from the hospital with alot on your mind." One day I pretended a driver had just been told he had cancer, and that he was probably upset, so that was probably why he wasn't being polite to other drivers. Perhaps this whole process has taught me some tolerance. I've also noticed something else: when I pray, I find myself not as intent on saying things like "this is what I want/need, so please give it to me NOW", but rather: "I know You are in charge, and I'll do what You want me to, and could you please help me get through this rough spot and help me to learn from it?" Perhaps I've learned some patience. I just hope I don't forget the things I've maybe learned, and have to learn over again.

Thank You for your prayers for us. You lifted us up and over a wall we didn't think we could scale ourselves. We appreciate You.

Tomorrow afternoon, the ban is lifted, and I can be around people again. I'm so excited to get to give and receive hugs again. That part has been hard for me. I've been kinda lonely. I know it's been nothing like having to live in jail, but I did have to go without some things I value, so I'm looking forward to getting my freedoms handed back to me. :) And can I just say that toast tastes very much better with some form of butter or margarine on it. At least once today, I opened the fridge and looked at the food in there, then shut the door kinda sadly. THEN I remembered I can eat whatever I want, and opened up the fridge door again, and pulled something yummy out and ate it! Almost 6 weeks of being restrained is messing with my head! I even saw some Toll House cookie dough in the fridge....maybe tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Diana said...

That is really neat! It's amazing how Heavenly Father works, isn't it? What a neat outcome for you to have!