Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Male Quail

One day a kitty got ahold of the neighborhood female quail. But Mr. Quail must have found a new Mrs., because now we have some young 'teenagers' hanging out with their parents. There's quite a group of them.....so fun to watch.

Duane goes through my lists of 'approved foods' and makes us the yummiest dinners! He could have been a great cook in a fancy restaurant if he had wanted to. I'm glad he didn't though, because I like that he is my Finance Man, Hug Giver, Flower Bringer Homer, Grandpa to our Little People, and my Confidante. I'm glad our Child Bearing and Rearing Years are history, and that we can spend some time getting old together. Neither of us have been to visit the Missouri, Illinois, and New York church historical sites, so we're trying to put that on our agenda.... along with serving a Mission. Fun things ahead! :)

1 comment:

HunsakerMama said...

I think it's the funnest thing ever to see the quail running around your neighborhood. It's unexpected, I guess, to have something so untamed in a city environment!