I'm feeling so lucky at work this year. I get to help in TWO Kindergarten classes! I LOVE Kindergarten kids. They are so pure and good and they try so hard to learn and obey. I have to say, though, that there sure are alot of unusual names to learn.
Today we were working on how to properly write the letter 'P'. I modeled it on a small dry erase board, then passed out the worksheets and pencils. I asked the kids to pass the pencils down to the other end of the table to the children sitting there. The little boy sitting next to me picked up a yellow pencil, studied it carefully, turned it around and around slowly, and then said to me, "Is this a pencil?" OY! Perhaps someone at home could have been showing him how to hold the pencil, and how to begin to write his own name......or something. There are a few kids who don't know how to hold a pair or scissors, or how to actually cut with them, but I just assume they probably cut their sister's hair one day long ago, and that was the end of their scissor handling practice! Maybe the non-pencil users wrote on the walls when they were 3 and lost that privilege....or something.... man! I loved it when my kids got old enough to write things on the grocery lists for me, and could make fun 'I love You, Mommy' cards and such. I didn't know when our kids were little, that it would later be one of the favorite seasons of my life. I love thinking back to when the kids were little.
Fall has now come to our Valley. The colors are so beautiful on the trees and mounded Mums. It is jacket weather: not too cold, not hot, just right for a little yard cleanup, then some hot chocolate.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
2 comments:
I love jackets.
I don't know what parents are thinking when they give their kids such crazy names. It will be kind of funny when they are all senior citizens and going by: Stormi, Navy, Apple, Espn (I actually heard that one at a doctor's office) etc.
marks [usually] wash off, hair [usually] grows back... My kid is already a pro fingernail painter! Is that on the Kindergarten assessment test? :)
Post a Comment