I think life is a series of circles. As I look out the window of my little world, I see the seasons turning like a circle from Fall to Winter to Spring to Summer to Fall... I see neighbor Dora turning 90 years old in a few days and she loves to tell about her youth and growing up years, her raising-of-a-family years, and her getting-older experiences. I see new babies being born as they complete their Heavenly circles and begin their Earthly circles of childhood, youth, adulthood, and old age. I see circles of families as they hold hands to play ring-around-the-rosie and as they hold hands to help each other through the trials of life. Sometimes I see dark circles under the eyes of children at school who are not getting enough sleep or nutrition, but who are getting plenty of stress. I see the circular cogs in people's heads turning as they think through the decisions they are about to make. The olfa cutter that cuts out patterns on the fabric about to be sewn is a circular blade. The tires on all our vehicles are circles. Those tires carry us to countless places, like a friend's house, the Dr., the grocery store, the wedding of someone special, the zoo, the pharmacy for medicine, and oh so many other places! Some people wear circular glasses on their faces so they can see better. As I see it, in my own life, I've made it through the circle of being a child. So many, many wonderful memories whirl around in my head whenever I think of Home and Family and Farm and Christmas and Arizona and children and round and round and round. I've even made a complete circle in the bearing-children years. Now that the kids are all out on their own, and making their own cycles of life, I can probably safely say that I am not in the child-rearing years anymore. The circle I'm scuffling around in right now is Grandmotherhood, and I really love it. The Little People are so loving and kind to me. No one really knows how many circles they have left to complete while on earth, until we get the Heavenly call that we are finished and get to move on to the Next Life, where hopefully we will use what we learned here on earth to help us in the circles that will follow. And I'm really hoping for all the things I've forgotten to come circling back around where I can grab onto them! :) Thank You, circles.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment