Saturday, November 7, 2009

Shovel Jumping

Today my Man jumped up and down on the shovel enough times to dig a dozen holes and we got the mums planted! We put down a layer of black landscaping fabric in the area we wanted the veggie garden to be next year, and lined the outer edge with the mums. I'm excited for what it might look like when we get it all bricked and more dirt added. He's in charge of choosing tomato plants for next year, since the last couple of years, I've picked losers.

Today we saw a flock of geese flying overhead in a V. I'm always enthralled with the beauties of Nature. And for the record, I think pigeons are beautifully colored... not like the folks who always complain that they live in the underpasses. Where would they like them to live? In the eaves of their houses? And I enjoy listening to their cooing. When the kids were little, Sesame Street had a song about pigeons and they would show them up close. I've admired them ever since.

We got the lawn-dree caught up, the dishes almost caught up, the lawn mowed, the gross-reez purchased, a couple receiving blankets delivered to neighbors with new babies, the prescriptions picked up, some clothes sorted and excess ones given away, the mums in, a bunch of pruning done, and even went to a wedding reception!

Remember how hard it was for me to get my TSH number up high enough to have the radioactive iodine treatment? Well, this week when I went to the Dr., he said my TSH number is still 23. It should be down to zero. He changed my medication to try and help with that. I'm thinking I have a Farm Girl/stubborn bodolia. Definitely not a wussy one. I'm thankful.

Tomorrow is Church day. I LOVE going to church. I love how I feel while I'm there. I love the things I learn. I love feeling close to The Savior there. I love the scriptures. And I love serving the children each week. I appreciate having Leaders who help us to know what we were sent to earth for. Very comforting.

No comments: