Thursday, November 5, 2009

Today I laminated a froggy!

Last week or so, I found the dried-up remains of a dead frog in the back of my truck. I thought about just throwing it in the garbage, but being recycle-conscious as I am, I wanted to get some more use out of it first. After all, it wasn't used up, worn out, or otherwise ruined yet. Being a teacher at heart, I wondered if I could turn it into a teaching tool for my students. So I carefully tucked it into some clear packaging tape and smashed the edges down all the way around it (hoping to avoid a small explosion as it went between the rollers), and ran it through the laminator with some little word flash cards I was making for school. I'm quite happy with how he turned out, actually, because you can see his tummy, his back, and all his fingers and toes. He's only about the size of a quarter. And you guys wonder why I want my own laminating machine someday....man, the possibilities and uses are limitless! Now tell me, am I the only person you know who has a laminated frog? I bet so. And I bet you'd like to see it..... well, I took pictures and will post one soon. A Mom and her two young children came along to use the laminator next to the one I was using, and I was so thankful they didn't discover my newest adventure..... not sure how that's any different than showing it to my students at school, but whatever. I guess I was worried that it hadn't been such a good idea, and I hadn't seen how it turned out yet.... Be sure to let me know if the next time you see a frog, you think of me. hee hee It reminds me of the paperweights you can buy that have a scorpion or a spider encased in a plastic dome. And now I know what will happen if.....

2 comments:

Heather Anne said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you clarified that he was the size of a quarter!!! I was thinking of an actual full grown giant frog and I was SO scared! It creeps me out... I'll be honest, but I bet the kids at school will LOVE him!

ps... I will teach you to make tha canvases on my blog. We'll have to schedule a "play" date! :)

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

Why does this sound like a genetic trait--to be pushing the envelope of what a machine is created to do? You crack me up--and yes, I want to see the frog!