Saturday, December 19, 2009

an overnight trip to Idaho Falls

My Man and I just got home from a trip to where we both grew up. We sure had a nice time. Here's the trip in a nutshell:

*There was 'no room at the Inn, I mean restaurants'...the third one we tried was the winner.
*Uncle Martin gave us 50# of fresh Idaho potatoes off his spud truck. MMMMMMM
*Alex plays the bass guitar really well.
*On the news that night, they said there had been a murder in the walmart parking lot earlier in the evening. Walmart was where we picked up a new white shirt because we forgot to bring one.
*I got a new fleece blankie because I forgot to take mine. It looks like a wild animal and I like it alot.
*Salena looked so beautiful in her wedding dress.
*Salena and Eli looked so peaceful and so happy together. That made me happy, too.
*Craig was all handsome, and so attentive to his sister's needs. Now he has a new brother.
*Red licorice still tastes really good on a car trip.
*We took pictures of my old house, my Grandparents' old house (which is up for sale), the waterfalls in Idaho Falls which were totally frozen and beautiful, relatives, and buildings around little old Ucon.
*Tonight my sister called. I left my coat in Idaho. Man! What Forgeters we have become!
*Dorothy was right when she said, "There's no place like home." It feels good to be back Home tonight. I don't belong in Idaho anymore. I've fought those feelings for many years. But I'm hanging onto my memories from there because those are important to me. I am who I am.

No comments: